If you suffer from mesothelioma, lung cancer, asbestosis, or some other asbestos-related disease and are exploring your legal options, you may wonder what the legal process entails. Since the 1970’s. We can guide you through all stages of the legal process, helping you seek maximum compensation for your medical bills, wage loss, pain and suffering, and other hardships.
Common Aspects of Asbestos Lawsuits in Tennessee
While every asbestos lawsuit is different, common aspects of many cases include:
- Fact gathering: The facts concerning how you were exposed to asbestos become very important in asbestos litigation. How were you exposed? Did you work in an at-risk occupation? How has asbestos exposure affected your life? We will begin finding answers to these questions starting with your very first consultation.
- Filing the complaint: The formal beginning of the asbestos lawsuit is filing the complaint. In this stage, we file a complaint against all parties that may be responsible for our clients’ asbestos exposure, including product manufacturers and suppliers.
- Discovery: The discovery process may involve subpoenaing documents from your former employer, gathering witness testimony, medical documentation and other evidence that may be relevant to your case.
- Trial preparation: While many asbestos cases settle out of court, we prepare every case as if it is going to trial. We seek the earliest possible trial date, because we understand that time is of the essence to people suffering from mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases.
- Resolution: Whether you decide to settle your case or go to trial, we will fight for the maximum amount of compensation available under the law. Since 1969, our firm has achieved favorable results for numerous clients from Tennessee and nationwide.
Asbestos litigation may seem complicated, but our attorneys work to make the process as simple and stress free for our clients as possible. We will handle all of the legal details while you focus on your medical treatment.